Saturday, June 12, 2010

The Beginning

So if you've kept up with my other blog posts, you know that I'm very... precise. Or at least when it comes to correcting mistakes and organization. This is because I'm currently living with the slight mental disorder OCD. Now I haven't been to a doctor to confirm it for sure, but I'm fairly certain that I've figured it out by myself. Now I know what you're thinking. "OCD is just when you wash your hands over and over and you keep everything clean. Big deal." But it's really not. I mean, that's how some cases are, and the people that suffer from it are referred to as the washers. They're the most common of the OCD sufferers around the world, but I'm not particularly one of them at home. In public places, I don't avoid handshaking and doorknobs, but I'm very cautious about touching dirty things. It may not show, because I try to stop myself, but sometimes it is how it is.
Now there are certain symptoms that showcase my OCD, but they're not particularly easy to identify if you've just met me.
○ The fear of making a critical error and rechecking everything in order to avoid a fatal mistake.
○ The fear of harming someone.
○ The irrational fear of a sickness. (This one's not that bad, but I do have it.)
○ The need for symmetry and perfection.
○ And sadly, I'm beginning to see the beginnings of hand washing.
Now this may seem bad, but it's really not as bad as some cases I've seen. I have not been plagued or held back that much by it, and I don't think I'll need medical attention because this is a very mild case. By the way, some of my posts may make it seem so, but it's usually me just venting about something I'm dealing with when it comes to this. I may not post for a couple of days, I may not post for a couple of weeks, or I may never post ever again. Who knows? Oh well. Keep up with me. I'm not sick, I promise. And I'll try not to scare you, but if something's worrying you, feel free to ask me about it.
Obsessively yours,
J♪

No comments:

Post a Comment