Monday, June 21, 2010

So I'm beginning to see progress.

I'm doing well, my hands haven't been compulsively washed all weekend. :)
Be proud. Lol
However, I've discovered a new thing that I've associated with danger, but it's a little difficult to explain. Try to keep up with it, I'll do the best I can to explain it. So here's how it went down. This weekend we went on a vacation to Cedar Point/Castaway Bay, which was pretty awesome. I loooooove to ride roller coasters and I don't understand people who don't like them. I mean, I totally accept those who don't like them, don't get me wrong. In fact, most of my friends absolutely hate roller coasters. However, I don't understand why people are just completely afraid of them and think they're going to die when they get on a roller coaster. If they weren't safe, they wouldn't have built them in the first place, guys. Anyway, I was at Cedar Point and two things happened that I've associated with being dangerous. They were the same thing, but not the same instance.


Dropping things from heights.


Silly, right? I mean jeez, it's not supposed to be a big deal, but... well... let me share my stories.
If you've ever been to Cedar Point, there's a 99% chance you've noticed that sky ride thing that's on the wire for lazy people that don't want to walk. Yeah, we were riding that thing to the front because we were all tired, our feet hurt, and frankly, we just thought we'd like to ride it. So my sisters and I were in one cart thing and it was pretty high up. Mind you, I'm not afraid of heights, but I do think about things such as "What if I fall out of this ride and I break something when I land? Or what if the ride broke and it fell? OR what if the wire on this sky ride broke and the cart fell ON TOP of someone?!" But that's not what I want to talk about. So my sister leaned out of the car to take a picture of something and I started freaking out, got that feeling of danger in my chest, started getting dizzy, and just plain yelled at her to get back in the cart. I don't know why I freaked out so badly, but I just did.
The other story's a bit more ridiculous, but I thought I'd share it anyway. We were standing in line for the Maverick, and there's this bridge thing that goes around a small pond. (If you've been there, you'll know what I mean.) My family had gone to Castaway Bay the day before and had the admittance wristbands, but we weren't going back so I took mine off. My brother followed my example, but dangled the wristband over the pond, which for some reason, really scared me. I was saying stuff like "Cameron, don't you dare drop that in the water," which only made him put it out further and freak me out more. I couldn't even look at the stupid thing without wanting to faint in fear of him dropping it into the water and not getting it back. Eventually my mother made him bring it back in and put it in her bag, but I felt lightheaded for a little while.
All I know is that I've got to stop associating this with danger or I'll be stuck with it for a while.
Obsessively yours,
J♪

No comments:

Post a Comment